20 FEBRUARY 2015, FRIDAY
MIIGAiK Extraterrestrial Laboratory (MExLab)
The auditory № 155
At 15.00 will be held a scientific seminar on the theme:
"The main results of the study of fundamental geodetic parameters and topography of planets and satellites"
Keynote speaker: Jürgen Oberst - Doctor of Physical and Mathematical Sciences, invited leading scientist in MIIGAiK, professor at Berlin Technical University and the Head of the Planetary Geodesy of the German Aerospace Center (DLR), Germany.
Speakers: Researchers, MExLab
The seminar‘s program:
1. Creation of support network for selected models of celestial bodies and surface topography at different levels of details (A.E. Zubarev, Researcher).
2. Determination of the fundamental parameters of the heavenly bodies (model figures and rotation) on the basis of catalogs of reference points (I.E. Nadezhdina, Researcher).
3. Creating a geodatabase studied planetary bodies and thematic mapping using GIS technology (PhD I.P. Karachevtseva, Head of MExLab).
4. Modeling of bombardment the surface of celestial bodies and study the dynamics of particle emissions by a meteorite impact with the surface (PhD V.A. Lupovka, Senior Researcher).
5. Thematic analysis of the relief of planetary bodies, including the comparison of the general characteristics of dissection surface topography and morphometric parameters of volcanic formations (PhD M.A. Kreslavsky, invited researcher (MIIGAiK), University of California - Santa Cruz, USA).
We invite everyone!
Participation of laboratories required.